Women’s Self Defense
We are planning the next class now, updates to follow when we finalize a date
Danzan Ryu Boston will be offering a four week course for women only in basic self defense. Classes will meet weekly from 6pm until 9pm beginning July 10th and ending July 31st. All classes will be taught by Rebecca Shawgo, 1st degree black belt in Danzan Ryu Jujitsu. The class will be limited to 16 people to maximize Rebecca's attention to individual people. Cost is $95 for the full course, payable at the class.
If you would like to reserve a space in the class or would like more information, please contact us using the form below.Recommendations for those registered in the class:
- Wear comfortable clothes that allow you to move easily
- Remove jewelry and store in a safe location; plain wedding bands only on the mat
- Parking available in front of Tech Auto Body; please do not park at Evolve Fitness.
- Public Transit via the 74 and 78 buses
- Event membership in AJJF included in class fee
- Consider eating a snack or small meal before class since the class involves a lot of physical activity
- Please bring a cup or water bottle. Filtered drinking water will be available
- Each class will build on the skills learned in the previous one, so preference will be given to those that can commit to attending all 5 classes.